Still stuck in the caverns but we’ve abandoned looking for the lost adventurers since we found body parts of two of them and therefore realized that none of them survived. What we had to concentrate on now was helping the villagers who were in imminent danger from the frost giants. Fighting them was difficult but inevitably we persevered.
What pissed me off with my comrades is that I came on this quest to control my rage and although I knew I was going to be successful in my adversity with the frost giants, all I heard was pushing and pushing me to go over the edge.
Not sure if this group is for me – will they deter me from being the warrior that I am and drive my blood lust or will I learn to control my rage and be the best warrior I can be?
This year it falls on Saturday, May 5th and as usual it’s going to be an awesome day – for those who love comics and graphic novels.
If you visit your local comic book shop, there will also be deals and discounts on products as well as a variety of comics you can sample for free. This will give you an opportunity to give a new artist a try or to read something you’ve been interested in but didn’t want to invest until you knew you liked it.
There were many comics that I ended up investing in after I was given a chance to read it during Free Comic Book Day.
I remember my first FCB day. I didn’t even know it existed until my daughter and I took a trip downtown to the Silver Snail before we went to watch a movie and we saw people lining up. We asked what the deal was and we were told that it was Free Comic Book Day and the store was giving out free comics. Depending on what store you visit, you can get anywhere from 5 free comics to 10 free ones.
Well, since we were downtown anyway and we both enjoyed comics, we got into line and grabbed the maximum for us to read. It was my birthday celebration weekend and it was an added enjoyment to my day. It’s been five years and I still enjoy the day.
Don’t miss out! Enjoy the day and get there early – the best result is when the store first opens its doors.
It’s been awhile since the Warhammer group played a skirmish game of 40K since we were concentrated on our games of Shadow War. When we finally sat down during a quick skirmish between the Necrons and the Imperium, I realized that my team was out matched. Those complete mechanical monsters just tore us up one by one.
On my team, I had a squad of Skitarri Rangers, an assassin, Inquisitor Greyfax, a squad of the Sisters of Silence and the Rhino vehicle. It started out strong but the Necrons had the ability to bring some of their dead back – terrible for us though.
It’s so hard to gage what team to use when it comes to 40K. Sometimes, I just want to give up buy I put my money and effort into the hobby. Thank goodness for other aspects like Shadow War, Necromunda and Warhammer Fantasy.
I can’t wait for the Warhammer 40K Kill Team that is supposed to come out this year. I’ve heard it’s just a revision of the old 40K kill team but it won’t come with armies, you can just use your own. Games Workshop will also be coming out with Sector Mechanicus terrain along with the Kill Team Box.
Either way, playing with smaller groups, is faster, easier and more fun!
With the new Sims Mobile that came out, I have given it a chance since I love to play the Sims. I have a game on my Playstation 1-3, Nintendo and Wii. Before that, I was playing the Sims Freeplay so it was refreshing to have another online Sims game to play on my tablet and phone.
First of all, I like playing both games but there are pros and cons for each.
- The actions that the Sims take have long periods, especially when they have a new quest they have to complete. With timeframes like 8 hours, 15 hours, 18 hours, it doesn’t make the game really fun when you have to wait that long for an action to be completed. The developers want you to spend money to purchase life points so you can get through the game faster but then it wouldn’t really be Freeplay, would it?
- Lots of variety for the Sims to do – personal tasks and career tasks.
- Lots of clothing choices.
- Lots of houses you can create and businesses you can open.
- Regular events that allow you to gain access to new houses, new clothes, new objects, etc.
- When you send a Sim to work, he or she can only work for that one day. If you want to send the Sim on a double shift, you have to spend life points.
- Faster game play. If you send the Sim to work, you can either leave them alone to work or you can help them along by choosing the tasks. Once the energy bar is depleted, leave them be, come back to the game and they are replenished. Time doesn’t take very long.
- All the Sims live in the same house. As you populate the house, family members appear in the group family photo. You cannot make any other houses, so everyone is stuck in one place. If there are too many Sims, you can ask one to move out.
- You can have as many babies as you want. As long as you have a bassinet and you are in a relationship with a Sim up to level 3, then you can have a baby and it takes 30 minutes. With the Sims Freeplay, you have to have room in your town to add another Sim and it takes 24 hours for the baby to arrive.
- There aren’t a lot of clothing choices. Many you have to pay for with Sims money so you have to work for long hours to save up for that.
- Careers open as you progress through the game. Since the game is new, there aren’t a lot to choose from. You have a café, a restaurant, a fashion business and a Hospital. As you progress through the game, you then get access to the Civic Centre and the Agency, which are downtown. In the higher levels, you get access to the Club. The Waterfront is not accessible until another update of the game.
- When you send a Sim to work for a quick shift, a standard shift or a long shift, as soon as you’re finished, the great thing is that you can send the Sim to work again – over and over again, if you wish. That’s what I like about it. If you just wait it out for the energy to replenish, you can keep sending the Sim to work!
Let’s just say that although I enjoy playing both, I find myself spending more time on the Sims Mobile but that’s only because it plays faster. Just recently when I was trying to complete the Mezzanine quest on the Sims Freeplay, I logged into the game just to get a Sim to talk to Bree and that entailed over an 8 hour action. Therefore, I immediately logged off and went back to playing the Sims Mobile – which I played for over an hour.
If you are looking for an internet Sims game, they are both worth it but if you want consistent playing – then the Sims Mobile is much better. If you don’t have time to play but you still like the Sims, then short games or actions on the Sims Freeplay is good.
You can get the Sims Freeplay and Sims Mobile available on iOS and Android.
Dungeons and caverns are home to many denizens and in our case, many giants. When the door was opened, we were hit by what appeared to be the end of our adventure and our lives!
To the best of our ability, we endured. I lost all my orc combatants and barely survived with my life but we scraped by and survived in the end.
The paladin almost left me in the lurch when he thought to take off, leaving me at the doorway with two giants to fight. When I saw him run off, I thought WTF, but I don’t know these people I adventure with – not truly. Any one of them could still stab me in the back.
My purpose is to make a name for myself as a warrior and to prove to my clan that my gender is of no consequence to my role. Trust will come slowly, if at all.
We chose a safe enough room to rest and heal, then headed to town to replenish resources. Frost Giants seem to be next on the agenda.
Much to my surprise, Warhammer is not the only hobby that runs global campaigns. Wyrd Games has launched a global campaign called The Obsidian Gate – a Through the Breach tabletop RPG game.
Wryd has always had the war game Malifaux that uses cards instead of dice, while playing with terrain and armies, which I found interesting. Then they took it to the RPG level by introducing Through the Breach – a gothic, steampunk, western style form of playing.
With pre-generated characters and quick rules, the global campaign assures you that no experience is required and if you are considering trying it out then this is a great opportunity.
I am very interested in being the Fatemaster to the destinies of the Fated and trying my hand at this RPG so with my core rulebook, my fate decks, my bros and the campaign in hand – I’m all in.
Everyone has his or her own battles to fight – internally and physically. As we are here up against manticores after fighting off giants, the orcs and commoners who accompanied us are by our side fighting with us for their own reasons; for their freedom, for their safety and for the livelihood of their community. Just as I left my clan to fight for who I was.
Even after all that, the ranger still wanted the orcs dead and the paladin would have none of it. Although these particular orcs had no bearing on the ranger’s past, he couldn’t shake off the hate and revenge.
After the fighting ensued and we lost some men, many chests were discovered in the lair, to which we took most of them but we gave a chest full of copper ingets to the orcs to help revive their community.
We struck it well and hope to obtain items to help us continue the mission as we still have not found the missing people we were hired to find.
When all this is over, who will win? The paladin or the ranger?